If you are contemplating land development such as installation of a well, septic system or driveway, or construction please submit a request for a Critical Area Map Review of your property to the Dept. of Community Development. Read on...
The Growth Management Act at RCW 36.70A.470(2) allows interested persons to request amendments to the San Juan County Comprehensive Plan maps, policies or development regulations. Read on...
San Juan County Department of Community Development is now accepting eligibility applications for detached Accessory Dwelling Unit proposed outside of urban growth areas and activity centers. Applications must be submitted by 4:30 pm February 12, 2018. Read on...
Our Staff“To support healthy, diverse, sustainable island communities, and a high quality of life through effective planning, administration, and enforcement of building and land use codes that balance and accommodate appropriate development of the community while protecting the natural environment.”
Our Mission . . .
- To provide information to customers in a proactive manner, helping them to arrive at decisions consistent with the San Juan County Mission Statement
- To provide permit applicants with sufficient information to make practical permit decisions.
- To provide decision making bodies with sufficient information to make accurate permit decisions without continuances or delays.
- To provide timely and accurate information to permit applicants and interested parties regarding actions taken and appeal rights.
- To utilize new technologies to reduce the time and costs associated with providing the services of the department.