San Juan Island
Camp or visit a San Juan County day park on San Juan Island
San Juan Island offers the most organized and developed visitor facilities, as well as the town and historic port of Friday Harbor. To view information on San Juan Island trails and bicycle routes, click here. For more information on San Juan Island, be sure to peruse the websites San Juan Island Chamber of Commerce and the San Juan Islands Visitors Bureau for helpful information on dining, accommodations, and things to do in our islands.
San Juan County Parkis open for day use and overnight camping on San Juan Island. Reservations for Summer camping (May - September) are strongly recommended at this popular campground. See Camping for information on making reservations. This beautiful park, located on the west side of San Juan Island, includes rocky bluffs and gravel beaches that overlook Haro Strait with views to the Straits of San Juan de Fuca and Vancouver Island. Most sites have water views across an open meadow surrounded by trees. Park amenities include water, flush toilets, small picnic shelter, picnic tables, beach and boat launch. Click here to read about the park's "colorful, rich" history. (Adobe® Acrobat® file).
RV Camping at San Juan County Park
If considering using an RV during your stay in the islands, San Juan Park has specific sites that can accommodate RVs up to 20ft in length and 9ft in height--please read each site detail through our reservation system by hovering over the available site.
Features of beautiful San Juan Park....
- 10 miles from Ferry landing
- 12 acres, 20 campsites
- Boat & kayak launch and daytime boat trailer parking ($10 overnight parking) (Vessel launch permit required Memorial day to Labor Day--obtainable at the Park)
- Part of the Cascadia Marine Trail system
- Group camp (30 people max, contact Parks staff to book)
- Hiker/Biker/Kayaker camp area
- Potable water, flush toilets (NO showers)
- 7.5 miles from Roche Harbor (village & small grocery store, and USPS drop)
- Picnic tables and fire rings and firewood (extra charge)
- Picnic area (available to reserve for small events, contact staff)
|Campsites - maximum 8 people/site||Fee pays for:
|Standard Campsites #2-14, 17, 19-20
||Up to 4 people/ 1 vehicle||$32.00|
|Choice Campsites #15,16
||Up to 4 people/ 1 vehicle||$40.00|
|Premium Campsite #18
||Up to 4 people/ 1 vehicle||$45.00|
|Extra child (5-11 yrs)
|Extra adult (12+ yrs)
|Extra vehicle (max 2 vehicles)
|Hiker/Biker/Kayaker site (rates are per person)
||Up to 20 people/ NO vehicles||$10 (12+ yrs) $5.00 (5-11 yrs)
Extra charges apply for extra vehicles and extra people.
All prices valid thru October 31, 2016 and are subject to change without notice.
Other rates and charges apply to Group Camp, Commercial Users, & Day Use Events.