- The Community planning meeting on Orcas Feb. 24, 2011 identified Reduction as the primary goal for Orcas Waste Management. Several methods were recommended; some are for expanding existing programs.
- Discussions at Public Meetings on four islands point to improvements in structure and funding for solid waste programs. Participants exchanged ideas about waste reduction, re-use, recycling, self-haul, hazardous waste, and funding for essential services.
- The results of a public opinion survey show values and attitudes about levels of service on islands within the County, with further data on priorities and methods of paying for them. The report and it's 3 appendices are accessible through the following links.
- Survey Report presentation August 30 2010
- Presentations on solid waste operations and budget
- Presentation on solid waste opinion survey
- Notes from SWMP Preliminary Meetings