Burn Permits

How to Apply for Residential Burn Permits in San Juan County             BURN PERMITS ARE CLOSED FOR THE SUMMER


Please check in again in fall, typically around October 1st, for permit sales to resume.

  Burn permits can be obtained online by following this link: 

  For instructions on signing up for the new San Juan County online permit portal, SmartGov follow    this link below: 

Burning is not available in Urban Growth Areas (UGA.) These can be viewed by following this link: