- Your Government
- Elections Office
- Candidate Information
- Online Candidate Filing
3-Day Online Candidate Filing is Open
This is the first step in filing as a candidate online. Before you are officially recorded as a candidate for public office, your online filing will be reviewed for accuracy and completeness. Filings are not official until validated and approved by the Elections Office. Your name will appear on the San Juan County Website as a candidate for office once your Declaration of Candidacy is validated and approved.
San Juan County Elections Office will accept online candidate filings from this website from Wednesday, June 7 at 9 AM through Friday, June 9 at 4 PM. Online filings submitted after 4 PM on Friday, June 9 will not be accepted. Assistance with this process is available by calling the Elections Office at (360) 378-3357 or emailing SJC Elections.
In person filings will be accepted Wednesday, June 8, at 8 AM through Friday, June 9, at 4:30 PM.
- Candidates who file during the Special 3-Day Candidate Filing period may not withdraw.
- These races will appear only on the General Election ballot, no matter how many candidates file for office.
- If no one files for an office opened for a special filing period, the office is deemed lapsed and will not appear on the General Election ballot.
Candidate Voters' Pamphlet Statements
San Juan County will be publishing both an online and paper edition Voters' Pamphlet. You will receive a separate email notification for submitting your candidate statements and photograph.
Your voters' pamphlet statement and photograph will be due by Friday, June 16 at 4:30 PM . Candidate statements and photographs can be emailed to email@example.com.
Knowingly providing false information on a Declaration of Candidacy is a class C felony as provided by RCW 29A.84.711.
To submit a Declaration of Candidacy using this website, you must meet the following requirements:
· You must be a registered voter in the district for which are you file.
· You must have a valid email address.
· If there is a filing fee, pay with a credit card, check, or cash.
Filing fees are non-refundable even if you withdraw or file for the wrong office.
This is the first page of the Online Candidate Filing Wizard. Click the link below to start the process of filing for an elected office in San Juan County.
Candidate Filing is Open = Click Here to File