San Juan County is adopting a 32-hour work week effective October 1, 2023. The Auditor’s Office will hold regular hours of operation Monday – Thursday, 8:00am-5:00pm. The Licensing and Recording division will be open to the public Monday – Thursday from 10:00am-4:00pm. The Elections division will be open to the public Monday – Thursday from 8:00am-4:30pm.
Learn more about the County’s 32-hour work week initiative here.
If you are interested in writing an argument, please contact the Auditor. Read on...
Auditor Seeks Writers of Argument for and against Lopez Solid Waste Disposal District Ballot MeasureIf you are interested in writing an argument, please contact the Auditor. Read on...
Divers may not be able to easily access the ballot box from about July 19th to July 26, or after. Read on...
ResponsibilitiesThe County Auditor is an elected, non-partisan position. Primary responsibilities of the Auditor’s office include:
- Financial services, including:
- Financial reporting for the County
- Assisting the County Administrator with budget preparation and monitoring
- Paying the bills (accounts payable) for the County
- Payroll for County employees
- Fixed asset tracking for the County
- Grant accounting and reporting
- Centralized purchasing for the County, except Public Works
- Accounting, payroll, and budget assistance for junior taxing districts
- Supervising elections
- Administering all federal, state and local elections
- Serving as Chair of the County Canvassing Board
- Registering voters
- Maintaining voter records
- Maintaining the official voter list
- Marriage Officiants and Marriage Information
- Recording deeds and other legal instruments
- Licensing vehicles and vessels
- Issuing marriage licenses
- Issuing dog licenses for the County and the Town of Friday Harbor
- Management of surplus personal property of the County
- Receipt of claims and lawsuits
- Stormwater assessment appeals
- Liaison to Veterans Advisory Board