Requesting Documents and Viewing Files
Court files can be viewed during office hours from 8 a.m. to Noon and 1 to 4 p.m.
Restricted or sealed files will need an I.D. or court order to view.
To request copies of court documents from the Superior Court Clerk’s Office, please fill out this PDF form and either print and return it to the Clerk’s Office, located on the second floor of the courthouse at 350 Court Street, Friday Harbor, WA 98250, or you may send it to our e-mail at efileSJCclerk@sanjuanco.com.
Once our office has received your request, we can then make your copies and contact you with the amount of the fee. Our copy fees are as follows:
- Non-Certified Copy – $0.50 a page
- Certified Copy – $5 for the first page and $1 for every additional page
- Authenticated/Exemplified copy – $4 for the Authentication, $5 for the first page, and $1 for every additional page
- Electronic Copy by e-mail – $4.00 and $0.25 a page (payment must be received first before copy is sent)
- CD Hearing Request – $20 for each individual hearing
Copies can then be retrieved and paid for at our office. Payment may be made in the form of either cash, check, or money order made payable to the San Juan County Clerk. Credit card payments can be made at OfficialPayments.com. If you do not have a case number please use the case number 123456789 and call us at 360-378-2163 with the transaction code. If you are located out of town and are unable to retrieve copies from our office directly, you may mail a check or money order to our office as well as a self-addressed stamped envelope so that we may return the copies to you.
Please allow processing time of up to 5 business days for copy requests and 7 business days for a CD request.