Comprehensive Plan Update Current Drafts
The documents at the links below are the most current drafts of proposed changes to the Comprehensive Plan Elements and Appendices. The changes shown in each draft reflect recommendations made by San Juan County Council, the Planning Commission, County staff, and public comments. Each draft has been provided to the County Council, Planning Commission, and public for their comments. These documents will undergo additional review by the County Council, Planning Commission, and public prior to public hearings on the proposed changes.
If you have comments on the drafts posted at the links below, please send them to Comp Plan Comments
If you have questions about the documents posted at the links below, please email Sophia Cassam, Planner II, call (360) 370-7589.
Section A. Introduction
Section B. Elements
- Element B.1 Governance September 12, 2022 Draft PDF
- Element B.2 Land Use and Rural September 12, 2022 Draft PDF
- Element B.3 Shoreline Master Program PDF (no changes proposed)
- Element B.4 Water Resources October 10, 2022 Draft PDF
- Element B.5 Housing September 26, 2022 Draft PDF
- Element B.6 Transportation September 20, 2022 Draft PDF
- Element B.7 Capital Facilities September 26, 2022 Draft PDF
- Element B.8 Utilities September 26, 2022 Draft PDF
- Element B.9 Historic and Archaeological Preservation September 20, 2022 Draft PDF
- Element B.10 Economic Development May 12, 2020 Draft PDF
Section C. Definitions
Combined with Section A. Introduction, see above
Section D. Administration
- Appendix 1. Population Forecast and Land Capacity Analysis,
- Appendix 2. Countywide Planning Policies (no changes proposed, only re-formatted to match other documents) PDF
- Appendix 3. Friday Harbor Urban Growth Area Management Agreement (no changes proposed, only re-formatted to match other documents) PDF
- Appendix 4. Water Resources (no changes proposed) PDF
- Appendix 5. Housing Needs Assessment January 8, 2021 DraftPDF
- Appendix 6. Transportation September 14, 2020 DraftPDF
- Appendix 7. Capital Facilities Plan December 31, 2020 DraftPDF
- Appendix 8. Utilities Inventory April 3, 2020 DraftPDF
- Appendix 9. Environmental Impact Statement (no changes proposed) PDF
- Appendix 10. Eastsound Storm Drainage Facilities Ordinance (no changes proposed) PDF
- Appendix 11. Parks, Trails, Natural Areas, and Nonmotorized Transportation Plan (no changes proposed). PDF
A series of County Council briefings, Planning Commission meetings, and public hearings contribute to the Plans’ pending adoption before the end of the year Read on...
A series of County Council briefings will lead to final Plan adoption before 2023 Read on...