- Your Government
- Judicial & Legal
- Superior Court Administration
Superior Court Administration
Kathryn C. Loring
Bio for Judge Loring
San Juan County Superior Court Statement
of Intention and Acknowledgement
The Superior Court strives to provide impartial, fair and accessible justice to every person, based on the individual facts and applicable law, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, financial ability, or any other status. We seek to create welcoming and inclusive spaces; to promote respect for the law; and to ensure that all people are respected, feel heard, and understand the result. We work with our law and justice partners to reduce and remove barriers to meaningful access to justice.
We acknowledge that the courts have much work to do to gain the trust and confidence of Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color. San Juan County Superior Court leadership commits to educate and examine ourselves, our court, and our procedures on an ongoing basis, so that this Court, and the entire court system, may deserve the trust and confidence of all people.
What Cases Does Superior Court Handle?
Superior Court is a court of “general” jurisdiction, meaning that any case being filed in state court may be filed there. It also has “exclusive” jurisdiction of some types of cases.
Superior Court considers all:
- Prosecution of felony crimes;
- Family law cases;
- Disputes over title to real estate;
- Probate, trust, and guardianship matters;
- Juvenile law;
- Dependency cases where the State suspects abuse or neglect of children;
- Civil disputes over more than $100,000; and
- Appeals from courts of limited jurisdiction.
Local Court Rules
- Conduct and Dress Code (PDF) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Local Court Rules Proposed Changes 2023
- LCR - Redlined
- LCR - Clean
- Appendix - Redlined
- Appendix - Clean @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
REMOTE COURT APPEARANCE (via MICROSOFT TEAMS meeting)
SUPERIOR COURT HEARINGS:
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 360-726-3293,106642703# United States, Seattle
Phone Conference ID: 106 642 703#
PROTECTION ORDER HEARINGS:
Court Administration at (360) 370-7480 or email link
County Clerk at (360) 378-2163
If you have any questions about remote appearance, please call Superior Court Administration at 360-370-7480 or 360-370-7481.