Name Change Petitions

District Court accepts name change petitions for adults and minor children residing in San Juan County.  The filing fee is $286.50 and hearings are held on the first and third Tuesday each month at 11:00am.  You must file your petition at least two business days prior to the hearing date.

Required documents:  Photo ID for adult name change petitions and certified copy of the birth certificate for a minor child name change petition.