Welcome to the San Juan County Prosecuting Attorney's Office. Randall K. Gaylord is the elected prosecuting attorney. Randy leads an office that has six major functions:
• Serves as the state's attorney in all adult and juvenile criminal cases in San Juan County
• Provides victim services for victims of crime and their families
• Is the County's law firm on civil issues and lawsuits
• Assists the attorney general in family support cases County's coroner
• Participates in community affairs and improvement of the legal system
The San Juan County Prosecuting Attorney is a small law office with the elected prosecutor, four full-time deputy prosecutors, two people working in the victim services center, and four to five staff positions. The work is accomplished by weaving the talents of many people so that the strength of the office is greater than the collection of individuals.