HAVE YOUR PROPERTY AND PROJECT REVIEWED PRIOR TO APPLICATION, AT NO COST! Read on . . .
If you are contemplating land development such as installation of a well, septic system or driveway, or construction please submit a request for a Critical Area Map Review of your property to the Dept. of Community Development. Read on...
The Natural Resource Lands Economic Data Indicators are available now! Check out the interactive charts and graphs summarizing agricultural, forestry, and mining resource lands in San Juan County. Read on...
A lottery for NEW ADUs for 2018 in San Juan County will be held on March 5, 2018, at 11:45 am, in the lobby of the Community Development Office at 135 Rhone St, Friday Harbor, WA 98250. There was an allotment for two conversions, so the two conversion applications received will move forward with no need for a lottery in this category.
Our Staff“To support healthy, diverse, sustainable island communities, and a high quality of life through effective planning, administration, and enforcement of building and land use codes that balance and accommodate appropriate development of the community while protecting the natural environment.”
Our Mission . . .
- To provide information to customers in a proactive manner, helping them to arrive at decisions consistent with the San Juan County Mission Statement
- To provide permit applicants with sufficient information to make practical permit decisions.
- To provide decision making bodies with sufficient information to make accurate permit decisions without continuances or delays.
- To provide timely and accurate information to permit applicants and interested parties regarding actions taken and appeal rights.
- To utilize new technologies to reduce the time and costs associated with providing the services of the department.