On January 8, 2019, the State Growth Management Hearings Board found that San Juan County’s Shoreline Master Program including its shoreline management regulations comply with the State’s Shoreline Management Act. Read on...
SJC Department of Community Development (DCD) will begin accepting detached accessory dwelling unit (ADU) eligibility applications on January 1, 2019. The application is available at https://www.sanjuanco.com/638 Read on...
Land Capacity Analysis Methodology story map is now available. Check out how the Land Capacity Analysis Methodology may look like applied to Eastsound. http://sjcgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Cascade/index.html?appid=f81a3abaf81e40a494cede9b73e0c140 Read on...
The Natural Resource Lands Economic Data Indicators are available now! Check out the interactive charts and graphs summarizing agricultural, forestry, and mining resource lands in San Juan County. Read on...
San Juan County's Public Comment Map Tool is LIVE NOW! Use this tool to mark geographically specific comments regarding the elements of the County's Comprehensive Plan. Tell your neighbors, friends and family to let their voice be heard! Read on...
Our Staff“To support healthy, diverse, sustainable island communities, and a high quality of life through effective planning, administration, and enforcement of building and land use codes that balance and accommodate appropriate development of the community while protecting the natural environment.”
Our Mission . . .
- To provide information to customers in a proactive manner, helping them to arrive at decisions consistent with the San Juan County Mission Statement
- To provide permit applicants with sufficient information to make practical permit decisions.
- To provide decision making bodies with sufficient information to make accurate permit decisions without continuances or delays.
- To provide timely and accurate information to permit applicants and interested parties regarding actions taken and appeal rights.
- To utilize new technologies to reduce the time and costs associated with providing the services of the department.