The Department of Community Development held the 2021 Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Lottery on March 1, 2021 Read on...
The 2021 accessory dwelling unit eligibility lottery will be held on March 1, 2021 at 11:30 am. The public can attend virtually or in person at the DCD office. Masks and social distancing will be required for in-person attendance. Read on...
The San Juan County Council enacted a moratorium on new vacation rental permit applications. As of 12:01 am January 13, 2021, no vacation rental permit applications will be accepted by any county department. Read on...
Inspections will not be conducted on jobsites where workers are not wearing masks. If workers don't have masks available and/or are unable to mask up, a re-inspection will need to be requested. Please see the COVID Alert issued by San Juan County. COVID ALERT - BUILDING TRADE SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Forms & payments for Community Development and Health can now be placed in the drop box in front of the main Courthouse entrance. Read on...
Our Staff“To support healthy, diverse, sustainable island communities, and a high quality of life through effective planning, administration, and enforcement of building and land use codes that balance and accommodate appropriate development of the community while protecting the natural environment.”
Our Mission . . .
- To provide information to customers in a proactive manner, helping them to arrive at decisions consistent with the San Juan County Mission Statement
- To provide permit applicants with sufficient information to make practical permit decisions.
- To provide decision making bodies with sufficient information to make accurate permit decisions without continuances or delays.
- To provide timely and accurate information to permit applicants and interested parties regarding actions taken and appeal rights.
- To utilize new technologies to reduce the time and costs associated with providing the services of the department.