- Your Government
- Health & Community Services
- Community Health
Community Health Services (CHS)
Our mission is to promote, protect and preserve, with dignity, the health and well-being of the people and communities of San Juan County. Our goal is to provide population-based services and assure access to preventive health services in the community. We provide extensive referral and coordination with other health and social service providers. We have clinics conveniently located on Lopez, Orcas, and San Juan Islands.
Services & Programs
Breastfeeding & Lactation Services: In-home and phone consultation and support for breastfeeding mothers. Available 24-hours a day. On-call support is available:
Breastfeeding Support On:
|San Juan Island||360-643-4039|
Tuberculosis (TB) Testing: We provide confidential tuberculosis testing and referrals to providers for follow-up care. Beginning on June 1, 2023 a fee of $10 will be charged for all TB tests/read. The total amount due at time of service will be based on the SJC HCS sliding fee scale. No one will be denied services to because of inability to pay.
Luci B Community Wellness Van
The Health & Community Services Department now has a community wellness van that allows us to take our public health services to our San Juan County community members where they live, work, and play! The Luci B Community Wellness Van is used for immunization clinics, reproductive health counseling clinics, home- and community-visiting services, public health community outreach and education work, wellness and screening events, health and nutrition education events, public health emergency response efforts, dental clinics, and much, much more! To learn more about our Luci B Community Wellness van, click here Version OptionsCommunity Health Services (CHS)Headline!
- Referrals to medical and mental health care providers or programs and support with healthcare provider access and communication.
- Assistance with health insurance enrollment for adults and children, including enrollment in Medicaid/Apple Health Program.
- Community and Professional Education & Wellness Programs: Community education on topics including childhood adversity and building resilience, vaccination education, nutrition and wellness education and support.
- Case Management and Referrals: Child care consulting, recognition and referral for family violence services, mental health services, financial support and law/justice referrals.
Beginning June 1, 2023 SJC HCS will be charging a fee for pregnancy tests, non-COVID vaccines, and TB tests. The total amount due at time of service will be based on the SJC HCS sliding fee scale. No one will be denied essential services because of inability to pay. No person shall be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, national origin, sex, gender, religion, creed, marital status, or disability.
Appointments are encouraged to be sure CHS staff will be available to meet with you and address your concerns.