Smallpox Bay has reopened for vessel launching and landing. Read On...
The Town of Friday Harbor RV dump station will not be available for the 2022 season. There are no other RV dump stations on San Juan Island. Please plan accordingly. Read On...
- No unmanned aircraft systems on or above parks or fairgrounds property without a permit.
- Campers must register at park office before setting up campsite. Checkout time is noon, check-in is at 2 p.m. Campsites not paid for by noon will be considered empty. Persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult for overnight camping privileges. Please clean site of all trash before departure, using dumpsters and recycling bins provided in the park. Hammock tents only in designated sites (when in doubt, ASK!) at Odlin and Shaw County Parks; no hammock tents at San Juan County Park..
- Quiet hours are 10 p.m. To 7 a.m. Loud noises such as vehicle horns, loud music, and loud talking will not be tolerated. Dive compressors and generators may only be operated between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. for no more than 1 hour at a time, with a 2-hour break between operations. Chainsaws and fireworks are prohibited at all times.
- Maximum stay limit is 14 days in a 30-day period (10 at the Fairgrounds).
- RVs/Trailers are not allowed in some campsites and are not advisable on Shaw County Park. Check in with Park staff prior to occupying a campsite. No hook-ups are available.
- Parking allowed in designated parking areas only (not off paved or gravel).
- No equipment set-up, including, but not limited to a barbecue/grill, tent/awning, volleyball net, croquet set, event table and chairs, outside of your registered campsite, as this may create hazards for other park users. Hammock tents are not allowed in campsites.
- Pets must be leashed at all times! Owners are responsible for clean up. Owners of dangerous or disturbing animals (especially barking dogs) may be asked to remove pet(s) from the Park. no unattended dogs.
- Chasing or harassing wildlife in any way is prohibited. Turkeys, rabbits, deer, foxes, raccoons, seals and otters are best viewed from a distance as to not disturb them. If you are concerned about a particular animal, please contact Park staff.
- Paths are for foot traffic only. Skating and bicycle, skateboard, and moped riding is allowed on park roads only and is prohibited in all other areas.
- No cliff climbing. The cliffs in the Parks are not stable and climbing can create rock slides and potential hazards.
- No firewood gathering. Firewood is generally available for purchase at the Park office.
- Fires in established fire pits only. Fires must be extinguished by 10:30 p.m. It is illegal to leave a fire unattended. Put your fire out completely before going to bed or leaving the campground. Fires not permitted during certain hazardous conditions, check park kiosks for current restrictions before starting your fire. Beach fires are not permitted.
- No DRIFTWOOD STRUCTURES.
- Water is limited in the islands. Please do not run water continuously, wash items in containers. No vehicle or boat washing is permitted and no filling RV tanks. Please help us use water wisely.
San Juan County is a Marine Biological Preserve. State law prohibits the taking or destruction of any living specimen except for food use. Taking of specimens must be in accordance with state fisheries regulations.
Low Island, just offshore of San Juan County Park, is a National Wildlife Refuge site - do not approach any refuge site closer than 200 yards.