Estimated Building Permit Processing Time
Time estimates are for average elapsed time between date of a complete submission and the completion of plan review by all departments. Shoreline permits and areas with Archaeology will take longer for example.
Plan review times are about 20-25 weeks. Due to increased permit volumes, plan review times have been affected. Please be patient and thank you for your understanding.
Estimated Turn-around Times
- Regular permits and some revisions: 20-25 weeks
- Mechanical/plumbing single trade type permits: less than 2 weeks on average
- Single trade projects include:
- Gas line
- Tank installation
- Window replacement
- Regular Permits include:
- New houses
- Remodel and addition of existing houses
- All commercial projects
- Owner-builder projects
- Revisions are changes to permits that have already been issued.
These estimates are provided as a general guide and should not be used as a cause for making commitments of any kind. Turnaround times in specific cases may vary substantially.