Lopez Village Subarea Plan
ALL PUBLIC COMMENTS CAN BE SUBMITTED TO LVSPCOMMENTS@SANJUANCO.COM
The Lopez Village Planning Review Committee (LVPRC) was appointed by the County Council to develop a subarea plan proposal of the Lopez Village Urban Growth Area. It will include a Vision, goals, policies, and land use maps that will guide future development. The plan builds on the results of past participation efforts and design workshops. It will also be designed to address existing concerns and needs. Based on prior planning efforts, the Committee focused on many issues.
The LVPRC approved a draft plan and development regulations on July 27, 2018, to go through the adoption process with San Juan County Planning Commission and County Council.
After a joint Council and Planning Commission public hearing held September 21, 2018, the Planning Commission recommended changes in October to the draft Lopez Village Plan, development regulations, standard plans and implementation plan. Please see the staff report and their recommended changes to the plan documents:
Staff will brief Council on the Planning Commission's recommendations on Monday November 26th at the County Council Hearing Room in Friday Harbor. The meeting will be live streamed.
- Revised Standard Plan - Parking 913a and New 913b with pervious concrete
- Staff Report for Lopez Village Plan Public Hearing on 09-21-2018
- Draft Lopez Village Plan for the Vital Place at the Heart of Lopez Island
- Draft Development Regulations
- Draft Standard Details
- Draft Implementation Plan
- August 14, 2018 Land Use Element Amendment Proposal
- August 15, 2018 SEPA Checklist
- August 15, 2018 SEPA DNS
- August 3, 2018 Staff report
- October 15, 2018 Staff report