SAN JUAN COUNTY, WA. September 7, 2022 – San Juan County’s Public Works Department announces maintenance work to improve parking near Hunter Bay on Lopez Island. The work will occur in two phases – the first beginning on September 19 and the second beginning October 17. Each phase is anticipated to last about two weeks. This work is a continuation of the project started last fall to improve available parking at the marine facility.
- Please move your car if it is parked in one of the work zones, as outlined in the below map.
- Cars may park out of the way along the west side of Crab Island Road and along unposted sections of Islandale Road. See the below map.
- Please obey posted signage and barricades for your safety and the safety of crews.
- Work within the road right-of-way along the east side of Crab Island Road will take place starting the week of September 19.
- Work within the road right-of-way at the south side of the Crab Island Road/lslandale Road intersection will commence beginning the week of October 17. In addition to the existing vehicle parking area, this work will also include the existing boat trailer parking area.
- See the map for additional project details and link to map on the website under current projects.
Shannon Wilbur, Senior Project Engineer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-370-0522
About San Juan County’s Public Works Department
San Juan County’s Public Works Department constructs and maintains county roads, designs and constructs storm water facilities, and plans and contracts for solid waste services. The department offices are located at 915 Spring Street, Friday Harbor, WA 98250. For more information about San Juan County’s Public Works Department, visit www.sanjuanco.com/277/Public-Works .