SAN JUAN COUNTY, WA. July 20, 2023 –The San Juan County Fire Marshal has declared a ban on all recreational fires after consultation with the San Juan County Fire Chiefs. Due to current atmospheric and field conditions, this ban applies throughout unincorporated San Juan County.
The following operations are prohibited during the burn ban:
- No recreational campfires using charcoal or firewood
- No outdoor cooking fires involving charcoal or firewood
- No tiki torches or similar product with an open flame fueled by oil
The following operations are allowed with best practices followed:
- Mowing is limited to no later than Noon 12PM, all mowing operations need to cease after 12PM.
- Maintain awareness for rock strikes; avoid mowing dry dead grass
- Propane fueled appliances i.e. BBQ, outdoor fireplace
- Have water and/or a fire extinguisher available
- Grinding/Welding/Torch Cutting outdoors
- By permit only through the Fire Marshal’s Office
- Outdoor shooting
- Backstop must be clear of vegetation
If a RED FLAG WARNING is issued for San Juan County, all operations listed above are prohibited until the RED FLAG WARNING is over.
This declaration is in effect until atmospheric and field conditions no longer pose the threat of wildfire.
Any questions about this declaration should be submitted to Fire Marshal Chad Kimple at (360)378-3473, or email at email@example.com. Contact: Chad Kimple, San Juan County Fire Marshal, (360)378-3473, firstname.lastname@example.org