SAN JUAN COUNTY, WA. August 9, 2023 –The San Juan County Fire Marshal, in conjunction with the San Juan County Fire Chiefs, have modified the BURN BAN posted from July 21st, 2023. (View previous burn ban notice by clicking here.)
Recreational and cooking fires, limited to 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet high, are allowed when safety precautions are followed. Recreational or cooking fires can consist only of charcoal, seasoned firewood, or propane-fueled firepits, and must meet the following requirements:
- Always have either a charged hose or two 5-gallon buckets of water available.
- Fires must be 25 feet from combustibles, standing timber, or overhanging tree branches.
- A responsible person must always be present to monitor and/or extinguish the fire.
- Check to see if any additional burning restrictions may apply before lighting any outdoor fire.
- Resorts, parks, landowners may choose to restrict campfires.
All outdoor burning, including recreational and cooking fires, shall be prohibited in the event of the following:
Any questions about open burning should be submitted to Fire Marshal Chad Kimple at (360)378-3473, or email at email@example.com.