Meeting Minutes for 3/19/19
4:05 Agenda Review Learner
Adopt minutes from 2/19/19, Caitlin/David, m/s/p
4:10 Coordinator's Report Faith
Misquote in San Juan Sounder … marijuana article with mistake attributed to Faith, viz. ARC had taken position, which in fact is not the case.
4:15 Executive Learner
- Charlie gave an update on Coffelt Farm.
- ARC supports Land Bank stewarding agricultural land and the values represented by a successful Coffelt operation.
4:20 Outreach Caitlin
- Agriculture Organizations retreat in May- get a date … to be held on Lopez Island … May 6-10 or 13-17 for the doodlepoll.
- Discussion of theme for Ag Org Retreat
- Discussion of themes from the Listening Sessions on Lopez, San Juan, Orcas and from feedback gathered at the Ag Summit and plan to develop “info sheet, ” or “FAQ webpage” of information for the various most popular topics.
4:40 Policy David
- Discussion of Marijuana in San Juan County
- Motion by Brook seconded by Dave Kane
- The motion is that Marijuana Grow operations in San Juan County be treated as a unique activity in our land use tables.
- Steve Bernheim against, WinnieAdams in favor, Steph Coffey in favor, Caitlin Herlihy Lek in favor, Sam Dillingham in favor, MeikeMeisner in favor, DavidKane in favor … Motion passes.
5:35 Ag Program Updates & General Announcements …
- WSU will be hiring a new ag program coordinator for WSU extension …
- Brooke looking for input on how to better utilize conservation land in San Juan County.
- David illustrated a waiver of liability for farm visitors;
- Charlie will take comments on Coffelt Farm ….