X (then absent)
Caitlin Herlihy Lek
Andre Enterman (NP)
Bill Watson- council rep Not present
Faith Van De Putte- coordinator
Agenda approved by implication
Adopt Minutes from 3/16/19 from Dave motion to adopt, seconded, passed.
4:10 ARC Business
Summer Schedule- Meeting in July 16th only. June and August no ARC Meeting but subcommittee meetings will continue to meet.
4:12 Coordinator's Report
● Marijuana- Faith attended the Council meeting, presented the ARC’s recommendation that the County treat grow operations as a unique land use activity. Later at that meeting County Council passed a 6 month moratorium on new grow operations in San Juan County and will start process for public input.
4:15 Outreach Caitlin
● Ag Org Retreat- Will be May 23rd Lopez Island 10:15-3:00
4:30 Policy David
● Stewardship of Agricultural Conservation Lands Meeting update
○ DISCUSSION ITEM- should ARC send a memo to the County Council and the Land Bank Board in support of “The development of county policy for the stewardship of agricultural conservation lands” … How and where this gets put in the comp plan we can figure later, but we just want action moving forward. Dave Kane makes the motion to recommend a policy for the stewardship of agricultural conservation lands, seconded …. M/S/P, no opposition. Faith will draft and send.
● Comprehensive Plan Update
○ Land Use … committee aims to complete recommendations for new Land Use section in May. ARC members are welcome to engage with policy committee activities.
4:50 Ag Program Updates & General Announcements
● Lopez Lamb Wool and Goat Festival- May 11th from 10-3
● Land Bank Commission meeting coming up Friday April 19
● May 1 business planning workshop with EDC
● New ag program coordinator and research assistant upcoming, too.
● May 1 deadline for Savor the Flavors farm map listings …
4:55 Public Comment : none