What is the deadline for filing a petition?
July 1st of the current assessment year or within 30 days of when the "San Juan County Change of Value Notice" was mailed by the Assessor's Office. If you mail your petition, it must be postmarked by midnight of the deadline. You may hand deliver the petition to the Clerk of the Board of Equalization. If you are appealing other Assessor determinations, for example, denial of an application for Open Space or a removal from the Open Space program by the Assessor, you also have 30 days from the date of the mailing of notification.

Show All Answers

1. How can I appeal the assessed valuation of my property?
2. Who may file an appeal?
3. What is the deadline for filing a petition?
4. Should I contact the Assessor's Office?
5. What information must I provide for a completed petition?
6. When will I have a hearing?
7. What can I expect at the hearing?
8. How soon will I receive a decision from the Board of Equalization?
9. What if I'm not satisfied with the Board of Equalization's decision?